Thursday 12 December 2013

A new craft...more ways to spend money!!



In the past I've had a go at many different crafts and quilting is no exception! I've done the basic 'block-patchwork' for simple cushion covers and somewhere I have an unfinished attempt at a hexagon-patchwork piece.....!

However, some friends (I shall call them 'friends', anyway, despite the fact that are leading me astray!) took me to a local 'quiltery' place this morning and now I am well and truly smitten!  I foresee many hours drooling over fat-quarters and much parting with money......

I will try to curtail any over-ambitious projects, and maybe post a few 'results' here in the coming months. In the meantime, here are a few photos of some of the quilts on show, a special exhibition of work by 'students' from classes at this shop and other entrants.

(with apologies, I do not have the names to credit the creators; also the photo-quality is not great - lighting conditions and being snapped by phone is not ideal! )






I saved my favourite until last - it got my 'vote'!






2 comments: