Wednesday 27 August 2014

Turning a design on it's head.....!


In my last post I was waxing lyrical about the 'c2c' crochet technique I've recently discovered. Well, I got to thinking about how to progress from just doing the large squares and rectangles I've seen it used for so far. So - I decided to play around with the concept and have fun....! ;-)


One little square, with various stripes:

Doesn't look all that much, right?


.....but try adding a few more:


...or shuffle them around ....and add another couple....

....see where I'm going with this....?

It's like a combination of crochet squares and patchwork and now there are all sorts of possibilities rattling around in my head.......!

I'll get back to you with some other combinations!

(oh, I do love a NEW project!!)

6 comments:

  1. Well, I think the first square looks pretty special. So anything else you make with it will be marvellous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Una! Just 30 or so to go untill I see what I do with it.....!

      Delete
  2. Funny how something comes along and smacks you upside the head. The patchwork blocks will be easy to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne - I'm fascinated by the possibilities this throws up. Just need to amass a few more blocks before I can start 'playing'!

      Delete
  3. This is almost making me want to get into crochet again so I can give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...anything I can do to give you EVEN more WIPs! ;-P

      Delete