Wednesday 24 July 2013

Back in the day.......!



The 1940's cardigan I mentioned in my previous post was finally finished for DD:

She was planning to wear it to a WW2 re-enactment weekend at the Black Country Living Museum - but the weather here in the UK was just a tad (;-p) too hot for such garments!

Still, she's planning another WW2-type visit later in the year, to Bletchley Park - home of the Enigma code-breakers and Station X - so I guess it will have an 'outing' then! (unless she wants something else knitted....!)

Anyway - if you want to see what she got up to last weekend and
re-live the nostalgia, try here  

Keep Calm
And 
Carry On!

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I could see it coming from one of my mother's Minerva books. Or any one of the many in her stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cardigan looks lovely. I hope it gets an outing after all the work you've put in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, the cardi looks great, and what a shame it was too hot to wear it that weekend!

    ReplyDelete